Innovative Brushless DC Design Tool
BLDC is a comprehensive brushless DC design environment. It includes analysis of both the drive circuit and the electric machine itself and is carried out simultaneously and entirely within BLDC.
Once the geometry has been easily selected from the library, materials are set and windings are added by completing a simple table corresponding to each phase.
Using BLDC’s built in schematic capture the designer, describes the inverter topology and control signals. Inverter control can be basic 6-step, PWM or FOC. The entire Brushless operating spectrum, from stall to the so called ‘Field Weakening’ region, can be simulated. The design can be solved using the steady state or time stepping transient solvers and full parameterized output is provided without any additional processing. Output parameters include machine inductances, currents, voltages, torque as well as flux density and demagnetization plots. Time domain waveforms and their associated harmonic content are all presented. BLDC transient solutions also include eddy current losses in solid sleeves & magnet tips.
BLDC is easy to use and easy to remain proficient at, a benefit for casual users, while not sacrificing the in-depth analysis demanded by power users.
- Large well maintained library of parametrized geometries
- Ability for use to add their own parametrized geometry
- Full simulation of the power level drive electronics along with the machine
- Inverter topologies include 6-step, PWM, FOC
- Time domain waveforms and harmonic content
- Comprehensive motor parameter reporting for any load condition
- Demagnetization prediction
- Cogging torque calculation
- Ability to handle rotor magnet discrete axial segmenting
- Eddy current analysis and loss estimation in PM material and other conducting regions
- Magnetic based force and noise parameters prediction
- What-if analysis by performing parametric sweeps using the Batch solver